The city's hired lobbyist, the governor's former communications director, and a campaign consultant for Mayor Eddie A. Perez and Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman -- what do they all have in common?
They all consider themselves "strategic partners" with Matt Hennessy and his new company -- Tremont Public Advisors, LLC.
Hennessy, Perez's former chief of staff, announced his resignation in mid-August -- shortly before the mayor's second arrest. At the time, he would only say that he was leaving for a private-sector job. Turns out he started his own company with Tremont.
On Thursday, he announced some partners. Read the press release below. (Photo: Tremont Public Advisors, LLC)
TREMONT PUBLIC ADVISORS ANNOUNCES STRATEGIC PARTNERS
Rell Spokesman & Bloomberg Adviser Join Experienced Connecticut and National Partners
Contact: Matt Hennessy 860-986-7737
The public affairs firm, Tremont Public Advisorssm LLC with offices in Hartford, Connecticut and Washington, D.C. announced today that it has formed a network of strategic partnerships with some of the most respected names in political and public advocacy. Tremont's strategic partners, including those announced today, have decades of success in polling, media relations, writing, strategic communications, political strategy, predictive analytics, paid media, direct mail and government affairs. Tremont Public Advisors develops and implements public advocacy campaigns for organizations and businesses that wish to shape the policy debate on issues that impact their bottom line.
Tremont Public Advisors' strategic partners include:
· Capitol Strategies Group, an experienced and respected Connecticut government affairs firm with a strong record of producing results for its clients
· Cooper Communications, led by Christopher G. F. Cooper, former Director of Communications and spokesman for Governor M. Jodi Rell
· Gotham Ghostwriters, (www.gothamghostwriters.com), led by Dan Gerstein, a nationally recognized political writer and communications strategist, Gotham Ghostwriters is New York City's only world class full service writing firm
· JEF Associates, a respected polling, campaign consulting and grassroots advocacy firm
· Knickerbocker, SKD, (www.knickskd.com) led by Josh Isay a senior campaign advisor to Mayor Bloomberg and former Chief of Staff to Senator Chuck Schumer, Knickerbocker SKD is one of the nation's leading strategic and political communications firms.
· Murtha Cullina Government Affairs Group, (www.govtaffairsgroup.com) a leading Connecticut government affairs firm with more than fifty years of experience at the highest levels of government specializing in crisis management and coalition building
· Rapid Insight Inc, (www.rapidinsightinc.com) a nationally recognized leader in business intelligence software and solutions
"Any Connecticut organization or corporation facing a difficult public policy or public affairs challenge, need look no further than Tremont Public Advisors. We have brought together an unprecedented pool of talent and expertise that can be deployed to deliver success in every facet of a public advocacy campaign. With new government regulations being proposed and enacted at a bewildering pace, Tremont and its partners can help your business effectively influence the public debate on public policy issues that impact your bottom line." stated Matt Hennessy, Managing Director of Tremont Public Advisors. Hennessy, a respected political and public policy advisor to a number of elected leaders, has served as Chief of Staff to Hartford Mayor Eddie A. Perez, as an aide to U.S. Senator Joseph I. Lieberman and as a Deputy National Finance Director for the Democratic National Committee.
Tremont's strategic partners voiced their enthusiasm for the new collaboration.
"I am excited to join this new partnership with Tremont Public Advisors." stated Chris Cooper of Cooper Communications. "The collaboration between these talented firms will provide significant new resources for Connecticut businesses seeking to have their voices heard in the public policy debate."
Dan Gerstein of Gotham Ghostwriters stated "This partnership meets a tremendous need in Connecticut for a firm that can provide a comprehensive and effective approach to message development and deployment. We are pleased to be working with Matt and Tremont Public Advisors in this exciting new venture."
"JEF Associates has partnered with Matt over the years on numerous successful federal, state and local campaigns. We know this new collaboration will continue that record of success for our private sector clients." Jim Fleming of JEF Associates stated.
"Businesses, trade associations and public policy coalitions attempting to manage complex administrative, regulatory and legislative issues will welcome the demonstrated abilities of Tremont and its strategic partners. Their one goal is to ensure each client the right help in the right place, as quickly as possible," said David McQuade, Senior Government Affairs Consultant, Murtha Cullina LLP.
"The 2008 election demonstrated how the effective use of data mining and predictive analytics can provide a major advantage to those who employ these powerful tools. During the 2006 Senate election, we worked with some of the team that Matt has put together to implement our predictive analytic software to model voter behavior in Connecticut. We look forward to working with Tremont public Advisors to assist Connecticut clients in executing effective public advocacy campaigns." stated Mike Laracy CEO of Rapid Insight Inc.