May 16-23, 2007
By The Hartford News
Last Thursday, May 10, the Hartford Preservation Alliance held its annual awards ceremony at the Town and County Club on Woodland Street.
A total of 15 awards were presented to organizations, companies and individuals who have made significant contributions to the preservation of Hartford’s architectural heritage.
HPA 2007 Award Winners
- CT Historical Society for the “History is All Around Us” exhibit at the Old State House
- Braun Investments, LLC, for the Brick Hollow rehabilitation on Zion Street
- John S. Rogers for renovating property on Broad Street
- The Hartford School Building Committee for the rehabilitation and reconstruction of Noah Webster MicroSociety Magnet School on Cone Street in Hartford’s West End
- The Community Builders, Inc., the Coalition to Strengthen the Sheldon/Charter Oak Neighborhood, and the Hartford Housing Authority for work on the former Dutch Point housing project
- Trumbull on the Park, LLC, and Herbert S. Newman and Partners P.C. for the rehab of 25-27 and 31-33 Lewis Street in Downtown Hartford
- Christian and Kate Winkley for exterior home renovations on Oxford Street
- Atera Enterprises, LLC, for rehabbing property on Babcock Street
- Mutual Housing Assoc. of Greater Hartford for the Zion Street Mutual Housing development
- Ruth Shapleigh-Brown for cemetery revitalization and educational initiatives
- Colt Gateway, LLC, for the renovation/adaptive reuse of the Colt Factory South Armory
- Helder Mira, Tara Parrish, and NINA for the repair and historic repainting of a porch on Ashley Street in the Asylum Hill neighborhood
- John P. Duffy and Michael Mc Eveney for the adaptive reuse of the Society for Savings building
- Carolyn West for the creation of the Kenyon Street website
- In addition, Lee Kuckro was presented with an achievement award for his many years of service to the HPA and numerous other organizations.